Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Altec Lansing Santana II speakers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone local to me is selling these:

    "I have a pair of these large speakers I would like to sell. They are from 1978 and currently packed away in my basement. The cabinets are in good condition and all the drivers work (the woofers have been refoamed). The speakers sound very good. The cabinets are unique in that they have slate tops. The grills are in very good condition."

    What do you think they are worth? Opinions on these speakers? Was thinking I could use them in my pool table room or for rears in the theater....

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Santana II's are different from what Ron showed you in another thread. The II's have the same woofer as the Model 9 and 15. Similar to the Model 14. It is a 12" driver with a cast frame.

    I would say that they are slightly less in value than the original Santana's,

    I assembled a lot of them in 1980 in OKC.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec Lansing Santana II speakers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Agree with Carl's assessment the original Santana's are worth more.

    The II is not a bad speaker, just not at the top of the Altec "heap".

    Opinion of course and others may vary.

    My decision to buy II's would definitely be economic driven, ie good price yes, otherwise no.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well the guy wanted $150 for the pair, but even though I responded right away that I would like to see them.... he already has a guy in front of me coming to look at them....

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec Lansing Santana II speakers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    $150 is a good price, the original Santanas I would maybe go to $300-350 on. Higher than that, I'd just buy the Biflexes and DIY.

    The Santanas of course don't have the Altec horns on top, like say 846's. Those would of course be a chunk more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.